Friday, January 07, 2005

It isn't whether you win or lose...

What do you get when you mix a 40yo, 13yo, 6yo, and 4yo on a GameCube? I don't know the answer, but whatever it is, it isn't fun! I just finished the longest game of Mario Party 6 with 3 of my kids. The 6yo was so super-sensitive that she burst out in tears when she lost a mini-game (correction: when she lost a mini-game to her 13yo sister). She wound up quitting the game so that her 9yo brother had to take over her spot. The 4yo kept hitting the pause button in the middle of everyone else's turn, or starting the mini-game before us newbies had a chance to read the object and directions of the game. The 13yo was just a humongous PITH (H for Hiney... we don't generally say the "A" word here), with just a bit too much gloating over her mini-game victories. I guess the nice part of this game is that chance plays a big part too... The 4yo wound up the winner. And I was never so glad to see an end to a game in all my life.

Oh, Emily has started her own blog. Not much there now, but I'm sure she'll find something evil to write about me soon. Stop by and tell her that I sent you and to be nice, or you won't tell your kids about her blog!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails