Eeek... I have been neglecting the blog again. Life gets in the way sometimes. Ball games, play rehearsals, grocery shopping, laundry, housework.... Even though I've stopped to read others, I haven't taken the time to write anything. So what is/has been going on here?
- We're about 2 weeks away from being done with baseball season. Can I get an Amen?
- Emily's play is over. She totally ROCKED her part. I have had more people come up to me and tell me how awesome my daughter's voice is since that weekend. It's funny how having her complimented feels almost identical to being complimented myself (as if I have anything to do with her beautiful voice).
- Rory is finally out of her "come-hither" phase.
- Brian had his Yukon broken into Sunday morning while at church in Sacramento ... thieves smashed his window and looked around till they found his GPS (stored away). They also took his registration and a $5 bill he kept in his visor for toll bridge emergencies. Thankfully he was able to find a way to get it repaired so that he didn't have to leave the truck unsecured while he is on the East Coast this week. One of the nurses from the hospital he moonlights at volunteered to stay with his truck at the airport until/while the repair company fixed it; she locked it up and will meet Brian back at the airport when he returns Thursday to give him his key.
- We've planned all our stops for the first leg of our RV trip and made the reservations. We have most of the return trip figured out as well.
- We went to see Prince Caspian on Sunday afternoon with around 300 other people from church (our church rented a theater for it). Great movie... kids loved it and the time went by so quickly it didn't seem like an almost 2 1/2-hr flick. Looking forward to adding it to our library when it is released on DVD.
- I've been battling a bum leg for a while. Finally decided to see a doc about it and wound up scheduled for an MRI in a couple of weeks. Basically checking the meniscus out to see if I've torn it or something. Sure fits the symptoms. Of course, won't be any time to do anything about it before the road trip. Doggone. Some day I will stop being such a suffering martyr and handle these things when they happen.
- Noah had an awesome ball game last night... He was 3 for 3 at bat, got on base 2 of those times (last at bat, the ball was fielded to first before he could get there), batted in a couple of runs, and made a great play at 3rd that nearly wound up a double play. His skills have really improved this season. Can't ask for much more!