Tuesday, January 18, 2005

Dodge this

I mentioned my husband going to Blockbuster the other night with Emily, my oldest. They came back with Napoleon Dynamite, Dodgeball, Surviving Christmas, and Collateral. I fell asleep during the first one. I didn't really want to watch the last one after I heard the first few obscenity-laden conversations. So I watched Surviving Christmas last night while he was watching Collateral. It was an OK movie. Not hilarious, not totally boring. It was kinda fun watching Ben Affleck play a 30-something millionaire with the social skills of a 10-year-old.

Fast forward to this morning. I have 2 large baskets of laundry to fold and 4 movies due back at Blockbuster by noon, one of which "everyone" says is just hilarious. So I popped in Dodgeball and watched while I folded the laundry. It could have been a good movie. I got tired of some of the language in it, but the last straw was near the very end, when the lead female character swapped spit with another female... and then proudly announced she was bisexual. That didn't add one thing to the movie. It was tasteless and unnecessary. And kids are watching this. It just gives me a sinking feeling in my stomach. If you haven't watched it, don't bother.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails