The stereo is on nonstop these days, either tuned to the local all-Christmas station or spinning 3 CDs at a time out of my 22-CD collection. My online pal Annie posted today on her favorite Christmas songs and I thought, "Hey, what a cool idea!" So I am shamelessly piggybacking on her post and giving you all a look at my own (not in order of preference).
- A Charlie Brown Christmas, The Vince Guaraldi Trio: love just about everything on this CD and have to have it playing when we decorate the tree. It just doesn't feel right without it on.
- White Christmas, Bing Crosby: Nobody sings it like Bing.
- Jingle Bells, Bing Crosby and the Andrews Sisters: coolest version out there. Barry Manilow and Expose tried to copy it, but Barry is no Bing (sorry, Barry!).
- I'll Be Home for Christmas, Bing Crosby: I just love how he croons.
- Who Would Imagine a King?, Whitney Houston: I love the lyrics. This one is from The Preacher's Wife.
- The Gift, Jim Brickman: I'm a sappy sentimentalist. (And I love his piano-playing.)
- Christmas is All in the Heart, Stephen Curtis Chapman
Not on my list of favorites: Feliz Navidad (or as my 4yo sings it, Feliz Mommyma)
What are the rest of you listening to out there??