Wednesday, December 01, 2004

Music, music, music

The stereo is on nonstop these days, either tuned to the local all-Christmas station or spinning 3 CDs at a time out of my 22-CD collection. My online pal Annie posted today on her favorite Christmas songs and I thought, "Hey, what a cool idea!" So I am shamelessly piggybacking on her post and giving you all a look at my own (not in order of preference).

  • A Charlie Brown Christmas, The Vince Guaraldi Trio: love just about everything on this CD and have to have it playing when we decorate the tree. It just doesn't feel right without it on.
  • White Christmas, Bing Crosby: Nobody sings it like Bing.
  • Jingle Bells, Bing Crosby and the Andrews Sisters: coolest version out there. Barry Manilow and Expose tried to copy it, but Barry is no Bing (sorry, Barry!).
  • I'll Be Home for Christmas, Bing Crosby: I just love how he croons.
  • Who Would Imagine a King?, Whitney Houston: I love the lyrics. This one is from The Preacher's Wife.
  • The Gift, Jim Brickman: I'm a sappy sentimentalist. (And I love his piano-playing.)
  • Christmas is All in the Heart, Stephen Curtis Chapman

Not on my list of favorites: Feliz Navidad (or as my 4yo sings it, Feliz Mommyma)

What are the rest of you listening to out there??


No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails