Thursday, December 02, 2004

Beginning a new book

Tonight at church, we began a new class just for us ladies. We used our time tonight to decide what book (out of a 5-book series) we wanted to read and discuss. We wound up with Cultivating Contentment, a Women of Faith Bible study. We start chapter one next week, and I am really looking forward to it. When I first looked over the titles we were selecting from, I initially thought that Managing Your Moods or Living Above Worry or Stress would be the winning titles, but after reading the introduction to our chosen book, I realize this is a good choice. At first, I thought that because I could think of so many other women in our group that I thought of as discontent complainers (I know, shame on me!).... but then God turned it around and brought me face-to-face with my own tendencies toward negativity and complaints. It didn't feel pretty. I am expecting great things from this study.

However, I am part of another small group of women who meet once a week/every 2 weeks to share prayer concerns and/or study a book together. We are finishing up a study of The Politically Incorrect Wife and will be looking for a new title for after the first of the year. I'm hoping we can pick one of the other titles above. They both looked really good.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails