Saturday, December 11, 2004

Santa Baby

We took the kids to the mall to see Santa today. I was so glad he was "real" (not a fake beard). They were very well-behaved, especially considering the line was quite long. Hubs bribed the eldest child to get her picture made with Santa with the other kids. There was quite a bit of negotiation while waiting in line. The fellow ahead of us was getting a kick out of listening to them. Emily settled on a small cup of Dippin' Dots as her reward for submitting to the absolute torture of posing with Santa. When I get a chance to scan the picture, I'll put it up here. I think it came out quite well.

After we got back, it was time to get ready for my husband's work Christmas party. I had baked a devil's food cake earlier in the day (a WW version.... substitute 12 oz. diet coke for the water, oil, and eggs). I frosted it and added crushed peppermint candy to the top. Then I made a green bean casserole. The cake got good reviews and the casserole was totally devoured.

By the time we left the party, my husband's voice was going and I was coughing. I think the hosts' Golden Retriever was messing with our allergies. Even though she was kept downstairs, I think there was enough of her presence left upstairs to affect us. The "dog smell" was evident immediately upon arrival. Noah even said to me right after we got there, "It smells like they have a pet, but I don't see one." I guess I have taken Campbell's undoggy odor and hypoallergenic hair for granted. Anyhow, I was better once we got back here.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails