Here are those recipes I was telling you about:
Apple Bundles (2 points per serving; makes 8 servings)
- 2 large or 3 medium Granny Smith apples
- 8 oz. can reduced fat refrigerated crescent rolls
- 1/2 c. Splenda
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 4 Tbsp. melted margarine/butter
Preheat oven to 375. Peel and core apples, then slice thinly. (This is where the Pampered Chef Apple Peeler/Corer/Slicer comes in handy.) Cut slices in half. Unroll dough and separate into 8 triangles. Cut each triangle in half lengthwise. Place 3-4 apple slices at wide end of strip and fold up. Arrange bundles in baking dish. Mix Splenda and cinnamon and sprinkle over apple bundles. Drizzle bundles with butter. Bake 25-30 minutes or until golden brown. Serve warm.
Crispy Peppermint Treats (1 point per serving; approx. 36 servings)
- 1 Tbps. margarine
- 30 medium marshmallows
- 1/2 tsp. peppermint extract
- 5 cups crispy rice cereal
- 20 pieces peppermint hard candy, crushed (about 1/2 cup)
- 1 serving butter-flavor cooking spray (enough to coat hands)
- Melt margine in a nonstick Dutch oven (yes, please make it nonstick, otherwise you will have one heck of a time cleaning out the pot afterwards!). Add marshmallows and cook over low-medium heat until melted, about 5 minutes. Stir in extract and cereal.
- Remove from heat. Stir constantly until cereal is coated with marshmallows; stir in candies.
- Coat hands with cooking spray. Roll cereal mixture into 1-inch balls and place on foil-lined cookie sheet. Refrigerate 2 hours or until firm. Yields about 2 balls per serving.
Note: The last tray we made didn't get put into the refrigerator and I could tell no difference between the texture or firmness of the treats. Also, be prepared... these are crispy treats, not the gooey ones we are used to making with Rice Krispies.
Hope you enjoy 'em!