Saturday, February 19, 2005

The pause that refreshes

I'm not talkin' 'bout Coca-Cola.

I had the best day today. Never mind that I only slept about 4 1/2 hours last night. I got to share a table with 4 good sisters and laugh my head off, sing, pray, and be encouraged. Every woman needs a day like this every now and then. We had good food and good fellowship, heard some hilarious stories and some eternal truths, and just felt God's presence. Here are some of my favorite words from today:

Joy is: the settled assurance that God is in control, the quiet confidence that ultimately everything will be alright, the determined purpose to praise him in all things.

Yesterday is history; tomorrow is a mystery. This day is a gift and a treasure. That's why they call it the present.

We'll always be friends, because you know too much about me.
You're far too informed to ever stray away without me.
You know my good, bad, my happy, sad, my strong and my weak.
You know my thoughts, my opinions, and my stubborn streak.
We've divulged too many secrets over coffee cups;
Now we're stuck in this forever like the Mafia.
We've been rowdy, pouty, let-it-all-hang-outie...
We'll always be friends, because you know too much about me.

If you ever get a chance to see Anita Renfroe, do NOT pass it up. Check out her website and watch some video clips. It'll do your cheek and tummy muscles some good. Won't hurt your heart or soul, either.

3 comments:

Mama Beck said...

I stole your "We'll always be friends" comment! It was too beautiful not to share with my circle of friends!

Susie said...

I love that!
"Joy is: the settled assurance that God is in control, the quiet confidence that ultimately everything will be alright, the determined purpose to praise him in all things."

Thanks for sharing! : )

Cheers! : )

Anonymous said...

Im glad you had a great day!

kym
http://exmundane.com

Related Posts with Thumbnails