Thursday, December 15, 2005

Wherein things that are supposed to work, do

Yep, that's right. The dishwasher is operational once more. It was another blown fuse in the dishwasher and the repairman (different guy than last time) said he didn't know if it was the same one or not. He said if it was, we could have just gotten a bad fuse. Or.... there is a deeper problem with the dishwasher. Well, as long as it holds out past all the baking tomorrow. I'm thankful I don't have to pay for the repairs!

A few weeks ago, we bought a new steam cleaner. Today was its inaugural use. I cleaned the floor in Emily's room and in our living/dining room. It wasn't fast work, by any means... but it wasn't hard, either. I'm pleased with the results. I still need to do the other 4 bedrooms, but there's no big hurry.

I managed to get all but a few of our Christmas letters addressed today. I'll finish the rest tonight or in the morning, then tomorrow I'll take them to the post office. Tomorrow will also be baking day. I haven't decided everything I'll make yet, but snickerdoodles and peppermint rice krispie snacks are 2 definite treats.

Still humming that AWB song, but my stress level is much lower. Funny, I have more people coming Saturday night than I originally thought (12 instead of 4), but that just makes things more exciting, not more stressful. I'm weird that way.

1 comment:

OldLady Of The Hills said...

Wow! THe steam cleaner sounds pretty awesome...Is it terribly messy?

I can't get over that you thought there would be 4 people and there are now 12! You really do roll with the punches....

I'm here from Michele, tonight, and SOOOO Happy to be here!

Related Posts with Thumbnails