Friday, December 23, 2005

The day approaches

Brian is out finishing his shopping. We're waiting for him to get home so we can all go see Cheaper By the Dozen 2. Sometime either before or after the movie, we want to get haircuts for the boys. Then it will be a typical evening here at home, with a little bit of holiday preparation thrown in. We haven't wrapped the bulk of the kids' gifts yet, so we still have that left to do. Then I need to make a couple of batches of fudge to take to a Christmas Eve gathering at the home of Brian's boss/partner. I will also be making those stuffed mushrooms I made last weekend, but that is a "do the prep work just before leaving/bake them when you get there" kind of thing.

This will be one of the first Christmases on a Sunday that I can remember. It will be interesting to see how it goes, considering my kids aren't the "wake-up-Mom-and-Dad-at-an-ungodly-hour" kind of kids. Most Christmases, I sit around waiting for them to wake up! But this Sunday, we'll have to make sure everyone is up, presents are opened, and everyone is ready to leave the house by 9:15 so we can make the 35-minute drive to church. Should make for some {interesting} video footage. (Donna, notice the brackets?) I wonder if I should hide the video camera....

No White Christmas for us here... The song is more like "I'm dreaming of a wet Christmas." Those of you with white stuff, enjoy it for us.

6 comments:

Mellie Helen said...

Mmmmm, stuffed mushrooms. Yummy! If you miss "the white stuff", you can always get authentic fake Christmas snow spray to put on your windows. That's the California way: put up giant inflatable snowmen on your nice green lawn. Everyone will think you have a real snowman in your yard!

Rick J said...

Or you could drive up into he Sierras until you see white stuff. My guess is that even with all the rain and warmer than normal weather, there's plenty of snow above 7000'. We'll be in AR and TN, but I think they're having above average temps there too, so no white Christmas for us either.

Anonymous said...

Merry Christmas! Hope you have a marvelous weekend.

OldLady Of The Hills said...

I want some of that fudge..YUM! And, the stuffed mushrooms, too, More YUM!!!
I hope your Christmas is a Lovely one filled with Good Cheer and Lots of Loving Family & Friends surriubding you...

I'm here from Michele, today!

OldLady Of The Hills said...

SURROUNDING...lol
Sorry about my one finger typing!!!

Donna G said...

Good use of {}...

Fudge sounds yummy....not big on the mushrooms!

{What exactly is a white Christmas?}

Related Posts with Thumbnails