Wednesday, December 28, 2005

Spit and polish(ed)

Today Emily and I were treated to manicures and pedicures at a day spa in Napa. Santa left us each gift certificates in our stocking, and we wasted no time in getting appointments. There is nothing like a good foot/hand massage. Like tickling, it's just not something you can do to yourself. I wish I could just set up regular appointments for my hands and feet (oh heck, I wouldn't mind an all-over rubdown as well!).

Plans are shaping up for the birthday weekend. Right now, it looks like we'll be spending Friday in Sacramento... shopping, dining, perhaps seeing a movie and/or doing a little sightseeing. Then on Saturday, Brian and the boys will be taking in the Oakland Raiders/NY Giants game. Or it may just be Brian and Noah. Joel keeps changing his mind. Whoever stays behind with me will get to do something fun here around home. Noah is excited because they are going to ride the BART to the stadium. We drive past a BART station every time we go to and from church, and he has always been interested in it. Maybe I'll get a chance to ride the BART before we leave CA, too.

8 comments:

Donna G said...

I just don't want anyone rubbing on me....especially my feet {well unless its leading to "you-know-what"}

But I am glad you enjoyed it.

Donna Boucher said...

Oh....a pedicure....ahhhhh.....

I'm so happy you had a nice day of pampering! It's pretty special once in a while isn't it?

I have had one pedicure in my long life....but I look forward to a second on some day :o)

Anonymous said...

Oh man... you have a NICE Santa!!! I wish he would visit *my* house!

jettybetty said...

I've never had a manicure or pedicure--but I think I would LOVE it!!!

We've done BART several times when in the SF area--we love it!

Gem said...

I love pedicures, but won't get a cheap one and can't aford a 'spa' one. A friend from church was in a coma for a few days, stemming from an infection she got from a strip-mall pedicure! I think I'll hint to hubby for a good one for Mother's day.

kontan said...

how wonderful! hubby did the same for me and i can't wait to set up the appt!

here from michele's

ribbiticus said...

i have been addicted to massages, especially foot reflexology, for a couple of years now. my mom and i try to squeeze it in our schedules at least once a week. it really does help make you feel better as i feel like it takes away all the toxicity and stress at work. you should try it too. :)

ribbiticus said...

oops, forgot to say michele sent me. happy new year! :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails