Thursday, December 22, 2005

A little something extra

No, this isn't a good something extra, at least not for someone out there who wanted to send something to a friend. Let me 'splain. Last Wednesday, I took 3 wrapped gifts to the UPS Store located so conveniently a mile from my house. I filled out the paperwork to have these 3 gifts packed and shipped to my best friend's home in Nebraska. Today I received an email from her, telling me that the package arrived, but that there were *4* gifts in the box. In addition to what I intended to send her, lying on top of everything else in the box was a mailing tube with an art print in it. Handwritten on the outside of the tube: "To Roy and Jill---From Jasmine, Mikki, Sherry & Me." Now I don't know who Jasmine, Mikki, Sherry, and me are, but I can only bet they would not be too happy to know that Roy and Jill did not receive their art print. I made 2 different phone calls to the store today and still haven't gotten the situation cleared up. Tomorrow I am taking the boys for a haircut just a couple of storefronts down from the UPS place, so I will try to handle it face to face. I think I'll be doing my own packing for now and using the USPS. My friend's package she sent here cost less to send and got here faster.

****************************************************

When I take the time to hunt down the USB cable to the camera (ok, I doubt I really have to hunt; it's probably in the camera bag), I'll upload a picture of the gingerbread house that Brian and the 3 youngest kids made last night. They did a great job. Now the kids are counting the days till they can demolish eat it.

****************************************************

6 comments:

Donna G said...

You are burning some midnight oil these days,.....get some rest!


Merry Christmas

Marie said...

Merry Christmas, Karen!

Bummer about the gift-sending mixup at the UPS store.

So is the gingerbread house still edible after a few days? I've wondered if people actually eat them!

Rick J said...

My question too... the thought of eating any kind of bread that's been sitting out in the open air for several days... well, let's just say I'll pass. :)

Merry Christmas! See you on the 1st.

Karen said...

I doubt they'll actually eat the house... but they want the candies off of it!

Shane Coffman said...

I agree on the UPS vs. USPS. I had a package coming UPS. Through their tracking site, I saw that it had arrived in town and was scheduled for delivery last Friday. Then, they mysteriously quit updating the tracking. Friday came and went, as did Saturday, and Monday. Finally on Tuesday it showed that my package, which made it to my town last Thursday, had been shipped back out to San Antonio! How inefficient! USPS Priority Mail is the way to go.

Merry Christmas out there in California. We'll hold down the fort at Southwest for you ;-)

Shane

Anonymous said...

Oh dear! What a shame UPS mixed up the other person's gift-giving! I think it's noble of you and your friend to be honest about it and try to get it sorted out, though. Some people would probably just keep it or something.

I've always wanted to make a gingerbread house - it sounds like so much fun!

Michele sent me today. Have a very Merry Christmas!

Related Posts with Thumbnails