Monday, December 12, 2005

Is someone really listening?

I don't know if any of you have heard my cable TV rant, but someone out there must have heard... or someone else who thinks a whole lot like me was able to get through to the cable companies. Check out this article. By spring, we might be able to subscribe to "family-friendly" tiers, or use "a la carte" pricing, something I have often said we needed. No word on the costs, yet. But if the options are right... maybe our family will enter the cable world again.

3 comments:

Caltechgirl said...

A lot of people have been complaining. Mostly because they don't want to have to pay for 15 channels in a "package" to get the 2 they want. In our house, that would mean paying for the digital sports tier just to get OLN so we can see hockey. Not happening.

I don't see why they didn't do this sooner.

Anonymous said...

Hopefully they will continue to pressure them to offer a la carte.

There's more money in it that way anyway. I don't understand why they don't see that.

Thumper said...

Ala carte would be awesome...sheesh, I think there's less worth watching on 82 basic channels than there was back when all we had was the 3 networks and 1 or 2 local UHF channels...

Related Posts with Thumbnails