Thursday, December 15, 2005

I got work, work to do...

If you recognize the song lyric, please realize I am not really that old. I had an older brother who liked Average White Band. I think that song and Pick Up the Pieces are probably the only 2 songs I would recognize. I think the latter was often played at the roller rink when I was in 5th or 6th grade.

But back to the post title. I do have work to do, trying to get ready for a little gathering here this weekend. Of the 6 couples/families we invited, 2 couples are coming and 1 family has not given me their answer yet. So it could be a very small gathering, or it could be a bit bigger, given that the one family is a family of 7. Anyhow, all the daily stuff (school and mounds of laundry) keeps me from attacking the special stuff I want to do. It's frustrating. Add to that the fact that the dishwasher went on the fritz again... But Sears is coming out in the morning to look at it again. Seems like the same thing, which was a blown fuse inside the dishwasher. Makes me wonder what is causing it to blow and if it will just blow again if the technician replaces it. I need a functioning dishwasher this weekend. It's no fun using extra dishes and having to wash by hand. So once he gets it working, I can spend Friday baking cookies and making treats.

We are nearly done with our shopping. I thought we were done, but an inventory done last night revealed that the boys could use 1 or 2 more things. I need to find a couple of things for Brian as well. Hopefully I can do that by early next week.

For now, I've got sleep, sleep to do.....

2 comments:

jettybetty said...

I'm having a hard time getting past the *work* of every day to get to the fun stuff, too!
Hope you party goes great!!!

Rick J said...

We're looking forward to coming on Saturday. I say if the dishwasher doesn't work out... I've seen some really cool Christmas themed paper stuff. :) Can we bring anything to the shindig??

Related Posts with Thumbnails