Thursday, March 22, 2007

Thursday in the park

Today marked the third day in a row we've walked to the park with the kids... but this time we had ALL of them! It was so nice to have Emily along; she can be a real blast to hang out with. We all had fun playing frisbee in the open space. Campbell absolutely loves being there, running around (on leash) and lying in the grass. I really think he misses having a lawn to play on. Since our landlord abhors lawn care, our back yard is nothing but a big patio and a whole lotta mulch with weeds sprouting up through it. Brian sprayed weed killer on the weeds a week or two ago, but they haven't died off yet.

I wish we had taken the camera with us today, though. At some point during our time there, Noah had lifted Campbell up to the drinking fountain for a drink of water. Later on while I had a hold of his leash and was getting ready to take a drink for myself, Campbell stood up on his hind legs and began getting his own drink. He really had to stretch to get it, but he stood there for a good 20/30 seconds, lapping up the water like he'd been doing it for years. It was too funny. Hopefully we can remember to take a camera next time, so I can snap a picture to post.

********************************************************

I'm already 2 books down on the Spring Reading Thing; I've managed to get in 1 book a night the past 2 nights (yeah, I'm staying up til a little after midnight, but it hasn't killed me yet!). I've finished the first 2 books of Karen Kingsbury's Firstborn series, and can't wait to start the 3rd. I might actually have time tonight to read the 4th as well, because I don't think I'll be watching any TV. Yahoo!

********************************************************

I've been collecting some stuff to share for a little while and figured today was a good day. Hope some of these bring a smile to your face!

The Melinda Doolittle School of Humility: Emily and I caught this last weekend on E's Soup and could not stop laughing. Rated PG-13 for language (3x). (Edited Friday 3/23: Looks like the clip was removed for terms of use violation. Glad at least one person got to see it before it was taken down.)

Thanks to Carrie at Mommy Brain for this great Heroes parody. It's helping pass the time while I wait for the next new episode. Can someone fast-forward to April 23, please?

How about this nifty little invention?

Noah and I read about Where's George? in his UMag (magazine for young account-holders of USAA Federal Savings Bank) he got in the mail earlier this week. We visited the site and entered some of our paper money into the database so we can hopefully track where it goes.

3 comments:

Donna Boucher said...

That Melinda Doolittle video is hysterical and it is so true :o)

jettybetty said...

You know there's a 5th book in that Firstborn series?? I think I get to start it today!!!! =-)

Katie said...

Thanks for the encouragement you left at my blog! And a pat on the back to you - sounds like you're doing very well!

Recently I've learned to take my camera wherever I go. I was missing too many great moments.

Related Posts with Thumbnails