Friday, March 02, 2007

Stuff on my mind

So much going on here and so little time to write it... I've got 30 minutes before I have to take Emily to school and will try to get it done by then.

I'll let you head over to my hubby's place to hear his news. It is a mixed blessing, because it will mean more TDYs (that's trips out of town for you non-military folk), maybe 6 more a year. Just what I've always wanted; 6 more weeks out of the year as a single mom. Well, hopefully by the time this calendar year is over, we'll have the funds to maybe accompany him on one... the kids have always wanted to see San Antonio, and Washington, DC would make a great field trip as well.

Emily let a friend at school use her cell phone earlier this week (use as in take it and keep it for a period). When she got it back, it wasn't working. Turns out her friend got it wet. We don't know how and she isn't saying. She hasn't even apologized to her. Thankfully Brian thought to take out insurance on this phone, so a replacement is supposed to arrive today. Emily is splitting the $50 deductible with him. I don't think she'll be letting her phone out of her sight again.

I found a neat Countdown Clock you can add to your sidebar. Wish I had something to countdown to... Oh wait!! I kinda do... maybe I'll add one later.

Another widget for your blog: MeeVee. Share what you're watching. It's too big for my sidebar, or I'd put one on here.

Make a customized Starbucks graphic for your computer. What's your drink? Mine's a grande peppermint nonfat, no whipped cream hot chocolate.

Read in World magazine this week:

It's a good thing Rebecca Johnson wasn't wearing a skirt. The 24-year-old's baby came so quickly, she didn't even have time to make it into the hospital in Connellsville, Pa. Instead, she told a reporter for the Daily Courier, "I didn't know what happened until he was in my pant leg." Despite being born down his mom's pants, doctors said the 5-pound, 15-ounce baby was healthy.

Brian and I are headed to see Mark Schultz and Big Daddy Weave in concert tomorrow night. It's been a long time since we've been to a concert, so we're looking forward to it. We saw Big Daddy Weave back in Omaha about 3 years or so ago, but this will be our first Mark Schultz concert. Hey Jim... we'll be thinking about you!

That's all the news for now!

5 comments:

drjimwhite said...

Man, I'm jealous. We saw the same concert here in Omaha with Mark Schultz and Big Daddy Weave. You'll love it. Take your handkerchief's and get ready to cry some. His encore for us was "Remember Me."
By the way, you probably don't miss things like our blizzard yesterday. About a foot of snow with 50 mile an hour winds.

KarenW said...

I grew up as a "Navy brat" so I know what it's like to have a missing dad for a while. I know it's tough on the mom. I'm going to check out that countdown clock. We are counting down and actually, the clock is going to fast. Come check out my blog and find out what! -
Another Karen at the party.

Anonymous said...

Love Big Daddy Weave!

Jana said...

Here via the Party! I also have four kids (though mine are younger) and a dog, so I had to click on your link! I'm homeschooling as well. I enjoyed reading your blog - I'll be back!

Lisa said...

Fun links, I'll have to try them out! Thanks for sharing!

Related Posts with Thumbnails