Friday, March 16, 2007

This, that and the other thing

Ok internets, you're in for a treat tonight... cuz I have some kind of stream of consciousness thing going. No telling what will come out of these fingers.

First off: American Idol. Yeah, I'm a little late weighing in with my 2 cents; what's new? So Tuesday night was sad in more ways than one. Except Sanjaya's hair. He could totally win Hair Idol (if there was one). But there was no way in Hades he could handle "Ain't No Mountain High Enough." Sorry, babe. I really was unhappy with the whole Diana Ross night. That theme seemed to tilt the favor in odds of the already favored (Melinda and Lakisha). I'm thinking there needs to be a Barry Manilow night. Truly, I am sick of hearing songs that must be belted out; I want a nice, quiet ballad. Kind of what Haley tried to do, but didn't quite achieve. If I could only have heard her. And oh... judges: I'm not sure the general public would have realized she forgot the words if you hadn't been so kind as to point it out to us! Honestly. Favorite songs of the night: "If We Hold On Together," Jordin; "Home," Melinda. As for the results: BAH. I guess there's always next week.

************************************************

Has anyone heard of LibraryThing? I don't remember where I ran across this, but it looks way cool. I have talked in the past about wishing I could just catalog all of our books. It looks like LibraryThing could help with that. It can also help increase the number of books in my library by suggesting new ones based on what I already have. Just what I need!!

And speaking of suggesting new books: What Should I Read Next? will also recommend books. Doesn't look as nifty as LibraryThing, though.

What does your sleeping position say about you? I tend to sleep in the Foetus position, although not as curled up... either that or a modified version of the Freefaller, with my head on my hands. Both descriptions could probably fit me.

Can you name all 50 states in 10 minutes or less? Be ready to start typing when you click, because the clock starts counting down.

Are you a blogaholic? I scored a 52: You are a dedicated weblogger. You post frequently because you enjoy weblogging a lot, yet you still manage to have a social life. You're the best kind of weblogger. Way to go!

On a more serious note, look at what Catez Stevens has to say about Living in Community: Getting Past the Church Criticism Fad.

*************************************************
Last item of the night: tomorrow (March 16) is hubby's 42nd birthday. We celebrated tonight with dinner out with the kids, followed by some Coldstone Creamery goodness. He has the day off of work tomorrow (well, he doesn't have to go in to the hospital; he'll have to make some phone calls to the East Coast in the morning). Hopefully we'll do something else fun with his day. Those of y'all who have a mind to, go see him and tell him Happy Birthday!

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

I have the Library Thing too...and it's fun! I need to update it...I listed all the books on my bedroom bookshelf, but I have about a thousand more in the living room :)
Happy Birthday to hubby...my hubby will be 42 this year :)
I also sleep in the fetal position...some of those positions look downright uncomfortable!!
Have a great weekend! :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails