Friday, June 15, 2007

Fantastic Friday

(Post title in honor of today's release of Fantastic Four: The Rise of the Silver Surfer).


It's been a while since I've posted any Friday fun links; let me see what I have saved up:

  • There's a trailer out for National Treasure 2. I hope this one is as good as the first. Looks like something fun to do during the Christmas break.
  • Have fun playing around with all your friends' and family's names at Anagram Genius. For instance, my husband's name works out to "Narcotic Karen boy."
  • Word game fun with Babble. As if I need something else to distract me right now.
  • While I was at the orthodontist with Halle on Wednesday, I thumbed through a copy of a PC magazine and came across and article about the top freebies for your PC. Here are a few I thought looked interesting:
  1. Meebo: Sign onto several instant messaging services in one place. Not an application, but a website.
  2. BackPack: a way to keep your "to-dos, notes, ideas, and schedules online."
  3. Pageflakes: customizable homepage... similar to ones you can make with Google and Netscape, but more control over layout.
  4. Home-Dock Deluxe: Not for your PC, but for your TV/IPod. If you have a newer video IPod, this cool gadget will help you "Access and enjoy your entire iPod music and movie library right from your sofa". View your videos, listen to your music, and enjoy the album art all on your TV.
  5. Jam Jacket: I actually saw this one when I went to look at the Home-Dock. Looks like something Emily could use; she has spent half the car ride to school just untangling her ear bud wires for her IPod. Fits 30GB IPod videos and the 2nd generation IPod Nanos.

That's about it for today. Hope everyone has a great weekend!

1 comment:

drjimwhite said...

Great one on the anagrams. Type in my wife's name, just her first and last and see what you get. It's the truth!

Related Posts with Thumbnails