Saturday, July 22, 2006

Monstrous fun

Monster House wasn't bad... it isn't the comedy that the previews make it out to be. It truly does have a lot of suspense in it. Thankfully, I had already read this in a review, so I was prepared. The kids liked it, but not as much as movies that are designed to make them laugh. Not that there weren't funny moments, but the movie was more about the mystery than it was about the laughter.

I was selected to preview a new "guest response" system at the theater last night. I was given a transmitter with 4 buttons on it. If I experienced any problems during the movie, I was to push the designated button.... There was one to push if the picture was messed up, another if there were sound issues, another marked "piracy," in case I noticed people filming the movie, and then another for "general disturbances," (loud guests, etc.). I didn't have to use it, and when I returned the transmitter after the show, I was rewarded with a free pass. I'm picturing a mom's afternoon at the movies today....

Oh, on a whim, I thought I would check airline ticket prices for our December trip again. The fare for our flight has zoomed to $600 a ticket! This is why advance planning is good.

3 comments:

Donna G said...

Ouch! I think that was for me. My biggest thing is knowing that far in advance what I want to do...

But, I am glad it worked out for you.

Jacinda said...

Wow! I'd be glad to push some buttons at a movie if I'd get a free pass!

My husband wants us to fly to New Mexico to see his family sometime during the holidays and I'm already dreading checking on ticket prices for the 4 of us!

Anonymous said...

Karen - what do you think is the age range for Monster House? My kids really want to see it, but some reviewers are saying it's pretty scary.

Related Posts with Thumbnails