Tuesday, July 18, 2006

Minty fresh

You'd think I was talking about someone's breath, but I'm not. It's the house. Something that Merry Maids uses to clean has a scent that is a mixture of mint and cinnamon. It's very cool. I love how the house smells when the ladies are done cleaning. And I like our regular ladies... they are so friendly. What is even cooler is that they are the regular team for some friends of ours (Brian's partner and her husband).

When they got here today, I was lying down upstairs with a headache. I felt like such a slug, lying on my bed while someone cleaned the room around me. But after 2 Motrin and a little rest, I felt much better.

I booked airfare for the kids' birthday trip to WDW today. I couldn't believe that the rates actually went up from when I was looking at them late last night. I ended up going with a slightly higher rate, just to get better arrival and departure times. I really didn't want to get up at 3 a.m. to make a 6 a.m. return flight. Now we don't have to leave until 6 p.m.

I started a new book today and am about halfway through it. It's called Learning to Breathe Again and is written by Tammy Trent. I saw Tammy at a Women of Faith conference recently and her story blew me away. I am sure I will loan this book out to others when I'm done with it.

I am trying to get together a group of girls from church to go to Sacramento this fall to the Revolve Tour. It's a special weekend put on by the Women of Faith group, but it's just for teen girls. Tammy will be there to share her story with everyone, and I think the girls will really be touched by it. She has such passion and energy; she definitely will not come off as "some adult trying to tell us how to live."

Busy day tomorrow... Some shopping with all 4 kids, then the 3 youngest have dental appointments in the afternoon. And then Wednesday night class at church. (Well, class for the kids; praise team rehearsal for me.)

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails