Friday, April 08, 2005

My little girl got belted

Just got back from Halle's belt test. She passed on to the next level of Tiny Tigers (as if there was any doubt!). It was fun to watch her, especially when she got to throw a 12yo over her shoulder (her instructor's son, a newly-belted 1st degree black belt). She did a great job, and answered up well when asked general knowledge questions (How many stripes on the American flag? How many stars?) and the form-specific questions (What is the name of your form? What is its meaning?). She is now the proud owner of an orange belt and is a 3rd level Tiny Tiger.

Tomorrow we have a work party coming at 8 in the morning to help get the playset taken down and moved to the church building. I had a phone message when we got back from belt testing from my friend Kathy (yes, the same Kathy who took my kids to the zoo and helped put the house back together after the carpet was laid). She is bringing FOOD with her in the morning... coffeecakes and quiches... and told me not to make breakfast. She is just too much. (Should I tell her I never make breakfast???) Anyhow, while the men are doing their thing outside, she and I will be working on getting our clothes, food, and other necessities over to the new place. Thankfully it is less than 5 miles from here.

Oh, and we ARE taking the computer with us and will have internet access.... Now I can feed my addiction keep from disappointing the millions faithful few who read my ramblings.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear that you're bringing your computer! Blessings on the move to your new home.

Caltechgirl said...

Yay for Halle! Good luck with the dismantling/moving :)

Thumper said...

I am so addicted, we took a laptop with us when we moved here from OH, and took advantage of some free wireless access along the way. And one night I paid $10 to make sure I could get online...

I've been kind of curious...what system of TKD are the kids training in? It's one of those things I want so badly to get back into, but probably never will...

Suzanne said...

Good for her!!! She will develop a ton of confidence out of TKD. I know my boy did! Do you think she could teach me how to throw someone over my shoulder? That could come in handy you know?

Related Posts with Thumbnails