Monday, April 04, 2005

Congenial thoughts

Now that I feel like I have more than 2 seconds to sit and write, I'll get down to giving y'all my opinion on Miss Congeniality 2. Simply put, I liked it. It was funny; it had references to the first movie, but you didn't have to see the first to enjoy this one. I don't remember a load of foul language (Screen It! labels it as "mild." I'd agree with that; "hell" and "d**n" were the worst words used, and even then, not in large quantities.). Bullock's character is still clutzy and lovable, and Regina King is great as her antagonistic partner/bodyguard. Deidrich Bader was a riot as an effeminate gay guy... not too over the top, but he had great lines. If you liked the first one, chances are you'll like this one too.

I forgot to mention that none of the kids tested for a new belt this past weekend. The school owner/head instructor wanted Halle and Joel to test together and gave Joel another week to tighten up his form. They will test Friday night at belt rank. It will be fun to watch; the youngest ones are always fun.

We decided to donate our Rainbow playset to our church and its preschool. Big work party here this Saturday to get it disassembled, moved, and reassembled. Plus I'll be trying to get our clothes and other necessities moved to the new apartment as well. Saturday will be BUSY.

2 comments:

Jenni said...

I saw Miss Congeniality 2 also this past weekend. And I agree with your assessment - it was funny and cute.

Donna G said...

I also say Miss Congeniality 2, It was cute, but not as good as the first one IMHO.

Karen, your interview questions are ready over on my blog. Have fun answering them!!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails