Tuesday, October 25, 2005

What a Wicked day

Take it any way you like; it fits. It was a hurried day of schoolwork and housework. We were expecting a furniture repairman to arrive shortly after 1pm, so we needed to finish everything by then. As Ron Weasley might say, we worked wicked hard. Goal achieved.

Fast forward to a couple of hours after the repairman's arrival. He was still working (he was repairing all the gouges and scratches the movers left on our furniture). Noah and I were in here on this computer, looking at stuff for the new Harry Potter movie. I heard blood-curdling shrieks from the other room and got in there in time to see Emily lifting the Clavinova off of Halle. She and Joel had been spinning around in circles and bumped into the piano, causing it to fall over. She had a small impression on the inside of her right leg a couple of inches above the ankle, and the area had already started to bruise. She said she couldn't stand on her leg. I carried her to the sofa to look at it more closely. I couldn't feel an obvious break, but there was a good amount of swelling. I put an ice pack on it and had her sit for a bit. The repairman told me he had about another hour to go, so I called Brian at work on his cell. Luckily, his class was on a break and he actually answered the phone (if he hadn't, I'd have paged him and added 911 to our number... our little code that says, "Call me NOW!"). When I told him the situation, he said he would come home and get Halle and take her back to the hospital to have her leg x-rayed. He made it home about 30 minutes before the repairman left.

So... Brian left for the hospital. About 30 minutes later, it was time for Noah and me to leave for his football game. The repairman left a mere 10 minutes or so before this. We made the 35-minute drive to the football game, which lasted until about 7. Brian and Halle were done at the hospital by then (No break!!! Just swelling and bruising). I called Emily on our way home to ask her to start up the oven for frozen pizzas, really the only thing we had time for by this time. Noah and I beat Brian and Halle home by about 10-15 minutes. Halle lay down on the couch and went straight to sleep.

Now for the good Wicked part of the day. At some point in the day, my latest Amazon.com order arrived. It included 2 books of Wicked music. You can be sure I'll be trying them out tomorrow once everyone is up.

Hopefully tomorrow will be a little calmer around here.


Carrie said...

Glad to hear it wasn't a break! Just wanted to say "hi" and let you know I'm still around, and still reading, but don't always take the time to comment. Have a great week!

Becky said...

Ouch! Who knew music could bite?

DJG said...

Nothing better than those boxes from Amazon. I got TWO this week!!!

Mrs. Darling said...

Wow it could have been much worse.

zeverybodys getting boxes from Amazon. waaaa! I've never ordered a thing from them. I'm feeling left out!

Marie said...

Glad Halle is OK! What a scare.

Amazon.... ooooooo.... I loooove Amazon packages!

Anonymous said...

Hope Halle is on the mend! Love the idea to order WICKED music! Great Christmas idea!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails