Friday, October 14, 2005

Of birthdays and beyond

So yesterday was Halle's 7th birthday. Per her request, we took in a showing of Wallace & Gromit and the Curse of the Were-Rabbit. Cute movie with some funny sight gags for the adults (i.e., a jar of "Middle Age Spread" on the kitchen table). Did some running around, a little searching for Halloween costumes for Joel and Noah, and then tried out a local Japanese hibachi restaurant (well, somewhat local... up in Vacaville). Service was horribly slow and the food was so-so. Our search for good hibachi continues. Came home for presents and cake before bedtime.

*****************************

Today was an errand and cleaning day. Made a run to CostCo and then cleaned out the fridge, helped Joel clean his sty room, and vacuumed his room, Halle's and mine. Noah and Emily did their rooms and the living/dining room. In between all that, I did a few loads of laundry, which are still calling my name to be folded (somehow, that is a task that totally escapes everyone else in this household, with the exception of Brian.... who does it when he has the time.). I was able to talk to a couple of old friends on my cell phone while I was out running errands. It was great connecting with them again. I don't have any connections out here, so I treasure those so much.

*****************************

Hopefully tomorrow will be a little less busy. I like a little downtime.

1 comment:

Donna G said...

I love cleaning the sty...I meant room.

Related Posts with Thumbnails