Before I get to the real reason for the post, thanks to everyone who got a kick out of my little April Fool's post. Believe me, if it hadn't been a joke, I don't think I'd be in any shape to be writing blog posts. I'd probably be in a nice little padded room, pumped full of happy pills.
My favoritest Omaha preacherman, Jim, tagged me this morning with a music meme. He said that I'd "love it." He knows me pretty well. I'm supposed to list 7 songs I'm listening to these days. So here goes:
- You Never Let Go, Matt Redman: I love the reminder that God is holding onto us whether we are enjoying a time of peace or a painful time. The singer in me loves the harmonies in it.
- He's Always Been Faithful, Sara Groves or Zoe Group: I have both of these on my IPod and listen to both versions. Zoe's acappella track is mesmerizing. Like #1, it reminds me of God's faithfulness and helps me see past today's "light and momentary" troubles.
- I'll Join the Rocks, FFH: More great harmonies... and it talks about continuing to sing and praise God even when all the other singing stops.
- Blessed Be Your Name, Tree 63: I'm sensing a them here... praising God in any and all circumstances. And there's harmony! (We sang this one and #1 yesterday at church... I was definitely into it.)
- I Will Lift My Eyes, Bebo Norman: More harmony! I guess it goes with the theme of most of the other songs on my list right now, too.
- We Fall Down, Kutless: Probably about as rockin' as I get... has an awesome guitar part at the beginning. And has some cool harmony (as if you couldn't guess).
- Everlasting God, Lincoln Brewster: Part of me wants to say, "It has a good beat and you can dance to it." I just enjoy everything about this one... the music, harmonies, and words.