Friday, April 28, 2006

Sunny days

We have had a couple of incredible days this week. I think maybe the rainy season is finally over. It was around 80 degrees today, with just enough breeze to make it really pleasant. The kids and I drove to Lodi with some other homeschooling families to go to a small zoo there. I have to say, it was so not worth the time and gas. The kids were quite unimpressed; after having the Henry Doorly Zoo a mere 15-20 minutes away from us in Omaha, they were not too thrilled with the shabby pickin's at this place.

The back yard is still not done. It appears that the patio isn't fully dry. The landscapers are supposed to be painting it, but haven't started yet. (I know, seems weird... I sure hope it looks ok when they're done; but then again, I'm not paying for it.) They have scraped the yard clear of any ground cover, though. It was about 98% weeds, anyhow. I don't know what they are going to do next. I sure hope they have something to put down; I'd hate to have nothing but dirt and cement in the back yard. Hopefully we will see some more progress (maybe even completion) tomorrow.

Tomorrow afternoon will be movie time again. We may wind up splitting up. One group wants to see Stick It, while another wants to see RV. Actually, everyone wants to see the latter, but a few of us also want to see the first one as well. Tomorrow is a killer day for new movies. Akeelah and the Bee is also opening tomorrow as well, and it's another one some of us want to see. Let's just hope all the movies get to stick around long enough for us to see them. Yeah, we're just movie junkies.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

KAREN! I just noticed a comment you left at my blog (and I responded to it there as well!), and I'm so excited that we finally connected. I have been sneaking over here to read you from time to time, but haven't left a comment (I read every single one of your 100 things about me!). We have several things in common! I'm ashamed that I haven't commented here earlier! Lazy, I guess.

My friend Kim (who has 3 boys and also homeschools) is taking a well-deserved weekend off & we're planning to enjoy it together. Wish you could come join us... I just know we'd all have a great time. You just seem like that kinda person... that I feel like I've known forever.

Hope you have a great time at the movies. I really want to see Akeelah and the Bee! I live in a really small town now though & would have to drive an hour to see the latest movies! YUCK! I miss living in a larger city!

So, anyway... just know I thought of you and said a prayer of thanksgiving for God bringing a new person into my world via blogging... Isn't that amazing?

Love to you and your family!
Angie

Anne said...

Hi Karen,
Thanks for coming by and commenting on my blog. I've been bad about responding lately due to my health. I know what you mean about zoos! But, we do have a beautiful park-like zoo here in our city in North Dakota and appreciate it for what it is. We always try to go to the HDZ when down in Omaha though. Have you been to the Desert Dome and Kingdoms of the Night yet? SO COOL!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails