Monday, January 23, 2006

The wanderer returns

This weekend was just awesome. I am already looking forward to next year's conference. (I know the Zoe gang and those from Fresno who worked so hard are glad they have a whole year before doing it again, though.) We were treated to some great stories of encouragement by Mike Cope, Randy and LaJuana Gill, and Leonard Sweet. (Jim, Mike says "Hey" right back, and he'll see you at Tulsa and Pepperdine.) The singing was like nothing I've heard... we raised the roof, especially on Friday in the smaller chapel. I'm still singing.

I was able to touch base with one of the Zoe singers who grew up in the same southeast Missouri congregation I did. He's a bit younger than me (say 10-12 years), but he was a bit tickled to run into someone from his boyhood home. He and the rest of his family are all in the Nashville area now... it was good catching up on what they're doing.

I also met some new people this weekend. On Saturday I got to have lunch with a small group that included Melanie Simpson from the Bering Drive church in Houston, and her dad, Edward Fudge. Melanie and I met Saturday morning and she invited me to join them. Also joining us were Tim and Nina Castle and their children, and Ruth and Terry Hutchison, of the College Church of Christ in Fresno.

The kids were all happy to see me Sunday. They had a great time with their dad while I was gone. Now I get my old job back this week and it's time to get on with the business of life around here. But I'll be doing it singing.

6 comments:

Jeanna Dew said...

hi Karen,

I found you through Michelle. About to look around; but I love your header pic!!!

Donna G said...

It truly defies description don't it? It has become the high point of my year to go. Maybe someday you can come to Nashville or maybe I could make it out west!!

Fern Bourrie said...

Glad you had a great time. I always feel uplifted when I attend conferences and retreats. Welcome home.

Sandy said...

Sounds like a fantastic, "soul-full" weekend.

Michele sent me tonight.

jettybetty said...

I am so glad you had a GREAT weekend!

Mellie Helen said...

Welcome back! So glad you had a wonderful time, and fellowship with friends old and new. And the singing? I think I heard it way over here!

Related Posts with Thumbnails