Sunday, January 15, 2006

These are the days that never end...

I am having flashbacks to some of our LTC Super Sundays, except today I wasn't holed up inside the church building all afternoon. It was just one of those long days where we left the house at 8:15am and didn't get back in til around 9pm. Because I had a special praise team practice scheduled for 4pm, we decided it would be rather silly to drive home after lunch, only to have to turn right around and drive the 40 minutes back just an hour or hour and a half later. So after lunch, we ran a couple of errands and then spent an hour or so at Rick and Virginia's house. The boys watched Cartoon Network (what heaven for them, since we don't have cable), and VJ and I played a memory game with Halle. Brian was able to read the newspaper and catch up on some paperwork.

Praise team practice went really well... we began learning new songs from True Lift's newest CD, My Everything. We sang for only an hour and a half. Anyone who knows me knows I could have kept on going. But there were other things to do.

Brian and Noah had a woodworking activity with a bunch of other dads and sons from church, beginning at 5:30. He dropped the other kids off at the building with me on their way to that. Then the younger two hung out with me at youth group from 6-8.

Makes for a long day, but it was still a good day.

2 comments:

Rick J said...

Wow, sounds like a really neat church to be part of. :-)

jettybetty said...

What an exhausting and incredible day!!!
I'm with Rick--your church sounds great!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails