Wednesday, February 21, 2007

Is it bedtime yet?

So I don't think I mentioned that this past weekend was the monthly single-parent weekend for me, as Brian was doing his moonlighting gig in Sacramento. We managed to keep things together while he was gone, even had the house in pretty good condition when he got back Monday morning.

After a little more than 24 hours home, he was off again today... this time to Orlando for a conference. He'll be back Sunday afternoon. And how are things going this time? It remains to be seen, but here's a short recap of what we've done:

  • Halle and Noah went to the orthodontist. They each had photos taken and impressions made, plus got spacers placed in their mouths. Noah only needed 2; Halle has 8. Oh, make that 7. She already broke one. I'll have to take her back in tomorrow. Aren't I glad the office is just a mile down the road?
  • Stopped by Blockbuster on the way back from the ortho and picked up some movies: Man of the Year, Flushed Away, and Zoom. I tried to watch Flushed Away earlier tonight, but kept falling asleep. Same thing happened trying to watch American Idol.
  • Halle and Joel engaged in one of their typical sibling altercations about 30 minutes before we needed to pick Emily up from bowling, and Halle wound up hitting her head on my bed, making a small slice in her scalp. Anyone ever notice that scalp wounds take forever to stop bleeding? Thankfully it did finally stop and a trip to the ER was averted.

Gee, only 5 more days to go. What will we think of next? For now, all I can think of is going to bed.

2 comments:

Rick J said...

Sounds like it may be time to put THEM to bed.

Anne said...

Oy- I'm glad she was okay! Those scalp wounds can be pretty flashy with the blood! Lips like to bleed a lot too I've noticed.

Could you tell if Flushed Away was any good? I recently watched Wallace and Gromit and the Were-Rabbit and it was hilarious!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails