Tuesday, November 30, 2004

Whittling away at my list

Managed to get most of the things on my list taken care of yesterday. Got the dog food at PetSmart and also found him a couple of toys for his stocking. He is hard to buy for; every toy he gets is usually in shreds within the first day. We have stuffing all over the house from his various stuffed animals (needless to say, I'm not getting any more of those!). I also looked for some boots for him. Now that the snowy season has started, I do not want to be dealing with having to clean and dry his paws every time he comes inside. I didn't find what I want, so I will probably end up ordering some Neo-Paws online.

The 3 youngest kids went to taekwondo last night. The 4 and 6 year-old are in a class called Tiny Tigers; their teacher is a 4th-degree black belt who loves working with the littlest ones. They have a great time while learning their forms. These 2 are both 2nd level Tiny Tigers; they are learning the form called Mil'es 9, which is the white belt form (1st belt) for the older kids. It has 18 moves in it. My soon-to-be 9-year-old is a new orange belt (belt immediately following white). My eldest is also taking taekwondo, but did not go last night. She is a new yellow belt (belt following orange). The kids started classes in August and I am really happy with how they are progressing. I love the head instructor, Mr. Ray, and most of the other instructors are great with the kids, too.

Plans today are to take the kids shopping for their new Christmas ornaments. The kids always get to pick a new ornament each year. We'll go to the BX for this, cuz we can get Hallmark ornaments there at a discount! Emily (the oldest) and Noah (#2) have choir rehearsal this afternoon. I think hubby is taking them so I can go meet up with my friend and work on my scrapbooking. I am supposed to be at her house between 1:30 and 2. I hope I can get a lot done! I need to put something in the crockpot for dinner so I don't have to worry about cooking when I get home. Then after dinner we will put up the Christmas tree. (Nope, didn't do that last night.)

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails