Friday, November 26, 2004

A little bit more...

A little bit more about what is going on here in my little corner of the world.... We found out a couple of weeks ago that we will be moving next June. We will only have been here a little over 2 years. Not an ideal situation to be in when selling a house, but real estate prices have gone up and we have a good chance of walking out of this with a little bit of money in our pocket. Anyhow, the military has seen fit to reward my husband's hard work with a new position out in California, so we will be heading to northern California early next summer. It is a little frightening (although that might be too strong a word) to think about going out there... The cost of living is so high and we have a large family by today's standards. But God has given me such peace over it all. I am beginning to think of all the good things about it (Tahoe, Yosemite, Disneyland, military hops to Hawaii...) and am actually looking forward to it. Finding a house we can afford will be a big hurdle to overcome, but I know that will happen.

The worst thing about moving??? Leaving behind friends. My 13yo daughter is not looking forward to the move at all because of this. I think this will be her hardest move yet. My 9yo son is also dreading leaving behind his best friend. This is the first time it has really been an issue for him. My younger two (6yo girl and 4yo boy) aren't too worried. They make friends very easily, so I am pretty confident they will handle the move well. I think my older ones will as well; they will just have to overcome their own attitudes in order to make it work.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails