Wednesday, January 31, 2007

Tag, I'm it

So Jim tagged me with the "page 123" meme a couple of days ago. You know, the one where you

1. Grab the book closest to you.
2. Open to page 123, go down to the fourth sentence
3. Post the text of the following three sentences.
4. Name the author and book title.
5. Tag three other people to do the same.

So here's my answer:

Rufus' cloak felt as heavy as iron on his back, and he had to keep treading
water vigorously to stay on the surface. He had not the faintest idea where he
could be. He must have fallen into a river, for he could feel a strong current
under his feet.

This is from Detectives in Togas, by Henry Winterfield. (Eh, my computer desk is here in the schoolroom, so the closest book is one we're reading for school.)

I'll tag Sandy, Wendy, and Angie.

*******************************************************

I caught the last 30 minutes of American Idol last night. I haven't followed this show at all in the however-many years it has been on, but I might start this year. I just loved the little girl from NC whose daddy was paralyzed because he shot himself (after shooting her "stepmomma" when he "caught her in the act" of cheating on him.). I want to see how far she can make it.

And House just keeps getting better. This is my first year watching it as well... Emily and I got caught up by watching the first 2 seasons on DVD this past fall. We had House marathons on the weekends. She is a lot of fun to watch TV with. Wish I could talk her into podcasting our TV conversations, the way Zoot and her son are doing.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails