Saturday, January 27, 2007

Checking in

It's another Parents' Night Out at the kids' gymnastics center. The kids begged to go, so who were we to say no? Our night "out" consisted of getting a pizza for Emily, then going to Mel's Diner for sandwiches before stopping in at Blockbuster to see what was available to rent. We picked up a few movies and managed to watch one (Employee of the Month) before Brian fell asleep. I'll be heading out to pick up the kids in a few minutes.

Last night, I got an email from my former backyard neighbor (from the first house we rented here). Her husband's brother is one of the 6 guys that will be on this Sunday night's episode of Grease: You're the One That I Want. I haven't watched any of this yet, but will be sure to watch this one so I can see him. His name is Jason Celaya and he is the former "Matthew" from the musical "Altar Boyz."

This weekend is the Zoe conference in Fresno. I enjoyed last year's so much that I was hoping to go again this year, but obviously that didn't happen. Maybe next year... Next up, the Pepperdine Lectureships in May. Making it to that one isn't looking promising, either.

Tomorrow is actually a Saturday with no scheduled commitments and Brian is home. Hopefully we will find something fun to do, either out and about or here at home.

4 comments:

Lisa said...

Karen,

Thanks so much for your encouraging words on my blog. Hope you and your family enjoy a fun (and hopefully relaxing!) weekend!

Anonymous said...

Hi, Karen. I'm one of many Altar Boyz fans that will be tuning in to root (and vote!) for Jason Celaya. So you can let your friend know that he's got a fan base behind him!
~annemarie

Anonymous said...

Hi Karen, as a fan of Altar Boyz I'll be tuning in to watch "Grease: You're the one that I want". Tell you're friend that Jason has a good fan base and that we'll all be watching.

Ashley

Anonymous said...

Hey! I'm also an altar boyz fan, along with others. Jason is such a good singer and really deserves this opportunity! Enjoy the show!

~Cutekatelyn

Related Posts with Thumbnails