Saturday, July 09, 2005

Before I get to work....

I must blog. I know, I should work first and then reward myself. No one else is up to stop me, so I'm doing this first!

Yesterday I took the kids to a neighboring town to a very cool wooden playground they have there. The boys love the place because there is so much space to run and play. Halle usually looks for another little girl to make friends with. This was our second time there and this time I remembered the camera. Here's my favorite picture of the boys.... Doesn't Joel look so conspiratorial?



Here's my favorite one of Halle:

I won't post one of the pictures I managed to sneak of Emily.... no sense making her hate me. She is in a "no pictures, please" phase right now.

So now I must get busy and mop my floors with something besides the WetJet; it just hasn't been doing the job. My shoes still stick to the tile floor, despite repeated Swiffering with the WetJet. The reason for the mopping? (Other than it really needs to be done....) I have company coming! My first real guest in our new home. And it's an old friend whom I haven't seen in about 8 years or more. Karen and I met first online, way back in '93 or '94. She was a Navy wife getting ready to move to NW Florida and I was living there at the time. We used to hang out at ParentsPlace (before IVillage bought it and ruined it), usually in parenting and breastfeeding chats. Once she moved to FL, she lived about an hour away and we got together occasionally. We both became La Leche League leaders around the same time (something we both aren't doing currently). I had to move away in '97 and then she moved to the West coast. Now I find myself living just a county away from her! She's driving over today for a visit and I am really looking forward to it. I'm pumping her for all the info I can on places to go and things to see.

Now I really must get to work!!

4 comments:

Donna G said...

Great news to find a friend near-by. Halle looks like her Mom! Such cute kids, and it looks like they are having fun!

Jen said...

Is it strange that I found humor in your verbiage? "Pumping" her for info and you both used to be Le Leche league leaders. Milk humor, only those who lactate think it's funny I suppose. Or maybe just me.

Karen said...

LOL! I didn't even think of that when I wrote it. Too funny.

Anonymous said...

What cuties! I sure would like to have those pictures in a printable sized resolution. ;)

Related Posts with Thumbnails