Monday, April 07, 2008

Roughing it... NOT

OK, internets..... I've been holding out on you. But it's not my fault. I was under strict orders not to say anything until we had a chance to experience the wonders in store for us with this baby:



This, my friends, seems to be the answer to our dilemma of how leave home for more than a day without needing to kennel the dogs or pay for 2 hotel rooms. She is an Allegro Open Road 35QBA (I gotta come up with a name for her). We made the decision to bring her home the day before Easter, but didn't actually get her until the 27th. Brian told me to hold off on the announcement until we got to break her in.

Well, we finally got our chance this past weekend. It was a whirlwind affair, trying to get ready to go.... what with 2 ball games to get through Saturday before we could even begin to leave. Somehow we managed to get it together enough to take a short trip about 40 minutes away to Lake Solano. See Brian drive:

We only had time to spend one night, what with baseball season and all. We are hoping for at least one more overnight trip somewhere else close by in May, and then maybe we will be able to do a 2- or 3-night stay for Memorial Day weekend. The kids had a blast, and we enjoyed ourselves a bit as well. We did discover that we will have to tweak the sleeping arrangements on the next trip so that the person who wants to sleep the latest isn't on the sofabed, but the dinette bed instead. It made moving about for the earlier risers (namely me, but the other 4 in the family as well) very difficult, since the sofabed takes up the entire width of the coach when it's pulled out.

Here are a few sights from Saturday and Sunday:



I am sure we will have lots of stories to share about all this... especially if I can't convince one small pony of a dog that she can do her business (what some humans call "paperwork") some place other than in her own back yard. Yes, my friends: we have a "holder." I'm glad we were gone for less than 24 hours. She was happy to come home and went straight to work as soon as she hit the back yard.

Yep... stories. We'll have 'em.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Swing by Alabama and pick me up - I would LOVE to do a couple of RV vacations!

Thumper said...

Nice!

I'd be terrified to drive something that big, but they are awfully spiffy!

Aggiema (Michelle) said...

I found your blog through Preacherman (I think), you mention in your intro that you are a disneyphile, I have heard really good things about parking a RV at disney, maybe you can make a trip there soon. My folks had an RV for many years and really enjoyed it, now it is just parked in one spot and serves as a camp house! Hope you get as much enjoyment out of your RV as they did. blessings!

Anonymous said...

Cool!

Rick J said...

Wow!!

Shane Coffman said...

Cool - Traveling in style! Congrats to you!

Tamara said...

Oooh....I'm very jealous. My husband and I would love to have one of these!

I think you should call her "Allie"...short for "Allegro". :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails