Saturday, May 21, 2005

Another movie review

We went to see Episode III this afternoon.... I could nitpick at things in it (namely some dialogue and acting), but the sum total is still a great film. It was good to finally see what was behind Anakin's transformation into Darth Vader. For me, it made it difficult, if not impossible, to hate Darth Vader completely. Watching Emperor Palpatine manipulate Anakin ... I was thinking in my head, "Ani, you are just too young and immature... you don't realize what is happening." I ached for Obi-Wan when he was faced with a job he did not want to do. Ewan McGregor's scene with Yoda, begging not to be given the job... and the scene in which he carries it out... both were some of the best moments. And of course, Yoda is awesome as always.

And yes, we did take the kids to see it. Visually, there wasn't much there they hadn't seen before. They did fine with it. As far as the rest of what some would worry about, it seemed to pretty much go over the younger ones' heads. They just enjoyed the light saber duels.

And even if you aren't into Star Wars, Ewan McGregor is well worth the price of admission.

4 comments:

Thumper said...

We're probably going tomorrow...Everyone else I've talked to who's seen it says it's one of the best of all 6. Geek-Spouse is most excited, but I'm really looking forward to it...

Anonymous said...

HI Michele sent me.

I fell in love with Luke Skywalker in the first movie (I mean the REAL first movie, not the fourth one meant to be the new first one...or however it goes...) and it's all been downhill from there. The movies got worse and worse. I do, howvere hold out hope for this one, judging by the reviews...

mommy d said...

Hi, I found you via Michele. Similar life has made me stop and read. We are about to do a military move back to CA in a few weeks. I hope it goes well for you and your family!

Sleeping Mommy said...

It was a really good movie, despite the horrible dialogue. Overall a wonderful tie up of the whole story. My husband just thought it was the BEST ever. :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails