Wednesday, February 22, 2006

Happy Humpday

I'm a single woman again this week. Brian left this morning for an educators' conference in Newport Beach (sucks to be him, doesn't it?). He won't be back till Monday. So that leaves me 5 days to keep the house clean, everyone in line, and maybe have some fun to boot. Tonight is church; we're having dinner at the building at 6, followed by some new discussion groups. Then I'll have praise team rehearsal at 7:30.

The kids are all healthy now. Joel was better by Sunday. He wound up sleeping all afternoon and evening Saturday, waking up for a bit and eating some toast, and then sleeping again the rest of the night. He felt fine the next day, but Emily felt queasy. She stayed home from church, but never got sick. She was feeling better by that afternoon. No one else got sick. :o)

I took Joel and Halle to see Curious George on Monday. It was cute. They said they liked it, but when I asked them to tell me what their favorite part was, neither had an answer. Guess that tells you how bland it was. Most movies, they have no problem coming up with their favorite part. I will say that it is one movie that shouldn't have anything to offend anyone in it. You know how most kids' movies today have plenty of dialogue or visual humor for the adults... none of that in this one. It is a true kids' movie. Anyhow, for me, the best part was the music. I'll have to check out the soundtrack and see who it was.

Oh joy... Halle and Joel are in the middle of a knock-down dragout. Oh, Noah intervened. More joy. Welcome to my world.

5 comments:

Rick J said...

Sounds like you could use a little fellowship with adults, eh!?! :-)

See ya tonight...

Anonymous said...

We saw 8 below today... was good...

Sharon said...

My kids want to see Curious George too...we'll have to make that a must this weekend. :)

Donna G said...

I think Curious George is going to be my grandson's first movie. They are taking him tomorrow!

Anonymous said...

Kendall (my 6-year-old) and I are going to a movie tonight. But I think she's picked "Glory Road" over "Curious George" or "Eight Out." (She's playing basketball, so has turned into a big B-Ball fan.)

Related Posts with Thumbnails