Monday, August 02, 2010

Simple Woman's Daybook, 8/2/2010



FOR TODAY, AUGUST 2, 2010...

Outside my window... it's a beautiful day, but WAY too hot to be outside. 

I am thinking... and wondering when the men in the family will be home from their afternoon at the Space and Rocket Center. They wanted to catch the Star Wars exhibit before it leaves next month.

I am thankful for... air conditioning! Seriously...  But also that my kids enjoyed their first ever (half-) day of school-away-from-home and are looking forward to tomorrow.


I am wearing... grey knit pants and  a green-and-white striped shirt.


I am remembering... the list of appointments and errands for the week.


I am going... to start cooking dinner soon (hopefully... depending on the men). Bacon and eggs, biscuits and gravy. YUM YUM.


I am currently reading... amazingly enough, nothing right now. But I have 3 or 4 books borrowed from friends that I intend to start this week.


I am hoping... to get our home office area organized soon. I need to sell some of my homeschool stuff now that I don't need it any longer. It will be hard to decide which books to keep and which I can bear to let go.


On my mind... What is it going to be like around here during the day when it is just the dogs and I?


Noticing that... my oldest child is truly growing up.


Pondering these words... "Only he who believes is obedient and only he who is obedient believes." 



From the kitchen... Not a bloomin' thing right now. Ask me again in an hour or so.

Around the house... I think I can say all of the rooms are "company-ready" (except maybe my oldest's). I'm dying to enlarge the entry from the garage and create a "drop zone" for the kids to put their things when they come in. And I'm wanting to pick a new color for the walls in just about every room but the dining room and our bedroom. The rooms are too beige. 


One of my favorite things... a breakfast date at Cracker Barrel with hubby after I dropped the kids at school this morning.


From my picture journal... a picture taken before the start of summer, when we were at the Sandestin Hilton with Brian for a nurse anesthetist conference. We were staying on the top floor, and even though the weather wasn't really all that great (mostly overcast or rainy), we had a great view. It was enough for me to just open the slider to the balcony to let in the sound of the surf and the breeze from the gulf as I read a book in the room.





Do drop by and visit Peggy's Daybook page, and leave a link for yours as well!

3 comments:

Lisa notes... said...

I am thankful for A/C, too. I hear it's been really hot in Alabama this week. It hasn't felt that hot here in Arizona.

I hope your kids will enjoy school, and I hope that YOU will enjoy it, too. I'm sure you'll find plenty to keep you occupied. I have been slowly selling my homeschool books the past few years as Jenna outgrows them, but it is hard to let go of certain ones (so I don’t!).

Glad you did a daybook. I think they're so fun to read, and even more so when I actually KNOW the person. ha.

beck said...

This is such an awesome idea! I'm going to steal it. =)

Jenny said...

Love the update! Do keep us posted on how life evolves as a non-homeschioling family! :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails