Yeah, yeah, yeah.... I know. No excuses here. I just haven't had a whole lot to say or a whole lot of time in which to say it. Now that Noah has started flag football, we have just one more thing on our plate. Actually, I guess that would be at least 2 more things, sometimes 3; one night of practice, plus 1 to 2 games a week (Thursday evenings and/or Saturday afternoons).
So to ease back into this posting thing, I'll go with something easy: an update on my fall reading challenge progress. I'll post the original list with the completed books in strikeout:
Oceans Apart, Karen Kingsbury Things Fall Apart, Chinua Achebe. The 5-Minute Face , Carmindy. When Faith Meets Fame , Guideposts. Blameless: A Novel , Thom Lemmons.
- Alpha Girls: Understanding the New American Girl and How She is Changing the World, Dan Kindlon.
Paula Deen: It Ain't All About the Cookin' , Paula Deen. The Sleeping Doll , Jeffrey Deaver. Sunrise , Karen Kingsbury.
- Life's Healing Choices, John Baker.
- It's All Too Much: An Easy Plan for Living a Richer Life with Less Stuff, Peter Walsh.
- How Starbucks Saved My Life, Michael Gill.
- Down River, John Hart.
- The Other Mother, Gwendolen Gross.
- Keeping the House, Ellen Baker.
- Barefoot, Elin Hildebrand.
- 74 Seaside Avenue, Debbie Macomber.
The Lovely Bones , Alice Sebold. Still Summer , Jacquelyn Mitchard. The Memory Keeper's Daughter , Kim Edwards.
Oh, and before I forget... notice the header? I won it in the Dog Days of Summer giveaways back in the summer. The giver was a bit backed up and wasn't able to work on it till last week. It's a definite improvement over the one I improvised in Paint.