Saturday, December 22, 2007

Don't faint

Yeah, here I am, just a mere 2 days after my last post. Can't believe we are just 3 days from Christmas. No pictures taken here, no cards sent out. I won't make excuses like "too busy" or "no time"... fact is, time got away from me and I just didn't think about it enough. Maybe there will be some New Year letters/cards sent out after the 1st.

I think I finished up the last bit of shopping needed to get us ready for Tuesday. I imagine there will be quite a bit of wrapping left to do Monday. Brian has several items in his truck... we took my van in for an oil change earlier this week and had to transfer all the stuff I was hiding in it into his truck beforehand; we never got the chance to move anything back.

The kids and I went to see Mr. Magorium's Wonder Emporium at the base theater tonight. It was a cute film. I probably wouldn't pay full price to see it, but base prices are OK ($4 adult, $2 child).

Oh gee, I forgot some of the best news. We *finally* bought a new mattress set this week. Actually bought it Thursday afternoon and had it delivered late yesterday afternoon. Oh my holy heck, it sleeps great! It is a Sealy True Form and I am amazed at how comfortable it is. It is similar to the Tempurpedic in that it is a memory foam mattress, but doesn't carry the same hefty price tag. Brian also felt like the Tempurpedic was not as comfortable. In addition, we got a few memory foam pillows and are hooked on them.

One last item... go look at Franklin's blog and read his last few posts about the experiences he is having with his youth group in Omaha. Talk about keeping it real and taking it to the streets!

Looking forward to a fairly quiet day here tomorrow, just church and hanging out at home.

7 comments:

Thumper said...

Merry Christmas!

I didn't get any cards out this year, either... But I don't think I have for the last 4 years, so I doubt anyone misses mine ;)

Robin said...

Merry Christmas!
Just out perusing blogs this evening, and I thought I'd check in.
My two cents.... I never send cards anymore. Geez! They cost so much money, take so much time to prepare... STAMPS.... and then they go in the trash can after Christmas, nuff said.
Yes, and I am pea green with envy over the new mattress. My back is always screaming at me in the mornings, and I figure it's gotta be the mattress. Enjoy yours.
Hope you had a great holiday! :-)

Shane Coffman said...

Don't feel bad, Karen. We didn't get cards out before Christmas, either...and we don't even have any kids to keep us busy!

Good stuff on Franklin's blog, indeed.

Anonymous said...

Karen -

Hope y'all had a great Christmas and my prayers are that you will have a wonderful and very blessed 2008!

Much love,

Dee

Anonymous said...

Hi,
I'm sorry I haven't visited for a while. I just looked back at some old entries and rediscovered your website.

I hope you had a great Christmas.

Take care,

preacherman said...

Karen,
I pray that you have a blessed 2008 and that God will bestow his richest blessings on you, your family, and in all you do. May God strengthen you in His son Jesus Christ as you have motivated so many others. Keep up the wonderful blogging.
In Him,
Kinney Mabry

Anonymous said...

I'm missing you, Karen. Hope everything is okay!

Much love,

Dee

Related Posts with Thumbnails